Sunday, April 27, 2014

Fiesta Salad Recipe

So I had a request earlier today to send this recipe onward to some of my friends, and I realized that I could just post it – what is the point of having a place to record this if I don't actually use it!


Fiesta Salad:
Ingredients:
Not the best picture but should be a reminder!
1 can black beans
1 can sweet whole kernel corn
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (I actually used the whole foods diced tomatoes with jalapeños)
½—1 bunch green onions
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ Tsp ground cumin
¼ Tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp salt
Fresh cut cilantro sprinkled on top (I forgot it at home and this makes it way better)

Directions
Drain and rinse black beans and corn. Chop green onion and add.
Mix from vinegar down in a small bowl and toss with the drained ingredients.  Add the can of diced tomatoes.  Add more salt later if needed.  Let sit combined in fridge for at least one hour- better if overnight (I had it sitting overnight – really improves the flavor).

We normally serve with either chips or veggies, but I also love it on my omelets.

Also, I need to credit this recipe to my friend Maisy Liao Sanneman.  It is her recipe, but I have used it plenty of times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog