Wednesday, July 16, 2014

More Chairs..... I got the fever!

Adult Adirondack Chairs...


Just a few weeks ago I made small chairs for Marcus and his cousins for the Marcus's birthday party.  It really made me want to make big chairs too... I admit I was jealous and wanted one of my own.  Additionally, in a moment of bragging I volunteered to make some for my friend Jen as a housewarming gift...

So I grabbed my handy Ana White book and followed the plans to make the same chair only bigger.  The project was pretty easy (especially after I already make 4 of the smaller size), but because they were so much bigger they created a bit more challenge.  I didn't have clamps that were wide enough, and it did not fit quite as easily on the work bench.

At the end I was very pleased with the result – Marcus liked them too.  More importantly, I am pretty sure Jen thought they were awesome!





 In order to load all of the pictures on the blog I store them on picasaweb.com, and sometimes Picasa takes my pictures and adds some fun and crazy effects to them (or makes them in GIF format).  This is where some of the enhanced pictures on the blog come from.  This is an example.  It is fun and makes me think of the 1950s! 


Goldilocks would have fun at this house!

I have had a few people ask what I am going to make next, and I am not sure yet.  Marcus was sick this week, so I am taking it off of building.  Here are the next projects I am considering:
      • craft organization shelf for the basement
      • laundry basket dresser
      • outside table for my in-laws- but I forgot the specs a their house
Any other ideas on what I should make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog