Thursday, July 10, 2014

A little fun on the 4th of July

Fourth of July Fun at the Lake


Marcus is really lucky because his Daddy's parents live on a lake.  That means that we get to have a LOT of fun on the lake when we visit.  This trip was special because Marcus had two firsts:

First hotdog over the fire...


Note the furry dog in the background who is ever near to food being cooked...

I think he may have had the most fun making it (he would not eat it), but it was a success.  Grandma Fiedler planned a great activity here.

First Canoe Ride on the Lake...

We found our lifejackets, and his grandpa even found an old canoe paddle that was kid-sized for Marcus.  I had him sit on a cushion on the floor facing me in the canoe – I was in the stern, and Luke was in the bow. I didn't get any pictures because I was more focused on keeping Marcus safe.  If Jackie has any I will add them later.

This went pretty well.  We canoed for about 20 minutes, and he was getting a bit antsy at the end but Marcus seemed to enjoy it.   I can't wait for our next canoe ride together.  We even saw a floating, man-made bald eagle nest that had an egg in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog