Friday, February 19, 2016

Lucky # 200

Blogs Completed
This is going to be my 200th blog post that I have published.  I am actually kind of proud of myself for carrying through as long as I have.  I started this as a way to record the Minnesota State Park's Avian Adventure.  Since it's initial inception I have really tired to figure out what this blog is and what it is not.  Here are a few things that I think it is:
        • The closest thing Marcus is ever going to get to a scrapbook (not my thing at all)
        • A chance for me to explore places, projects, and things and record them along the way.  This way I can actually remember what was good, what was bad, and what I actually did.
        • An opportunity for me to write and tell some stories about life.

 Along the way I added topics that interest me and hopefully some of my blog followers (all 5 of you).  But they really focus around a few key areas:
  • Geocaching (this includes state parks)
  • Recording things we do and places we see (2016 Fitness Event, The Rest of Life, and Twin Cities Tourist)
  • Marcus, Marcus and more Marcus-  As I said above this is the closest he is going to get to a scrapbook.
  • Journaling projects around the house- for these I try to write directions and keep a record of what I actually did (Getting Crafty, Kitchen Fun, and Let's Build Something)
I have added some of these topics over time. I even figured out how to create a table of contents so things are easier to find (especially my favorite yummy muffin recipe.

I have learned a lot to in the process. I am not the worlds strongest writer and unfortunately both spelling and grammar errors burn me on occasion but the good news is that I think I am getting a bit better,  I have stopped setting unrealistic goals for number of blogs, length or anything like that.  I had a drought of writing last summer and it was all because I set way to high of expectations for myself.

My blogs are not incredibly deep or very emotional. That is partially because I want this to be welcoming, whether or not you agree with my opinion. I try not to post things that people might take offense to but I would actually some day like to write some deeper pieces but I just don't think I am there yet.  Give me time, maybe in another year or two.

What I really want from this blog is to share some of the joy and love from my life with others.  To share a piece of my experiences and thoughts.  I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to my next 200 blogs.




Finally, if you enjoy my blog please leave a note and let me know what I should write more about.  Love Vonnie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog