Thursday, December 10, 2015

How far can you fall

Well I fell off the blogging wagon--- I did a pretty good job this year but all of a sudden stopped.... I don't know why but today I got an urge today so here it goes.  

The Best Birthday Gifts

A few years ago (actually for Marcus's first birthday) I had an idea.  I asked all of our immediate family to give Marcus a very specific gift and at the time I didn't realize (I did hope) that years later he would still love it. Here it goes-  I asked everyone to record a book for children's book for Marcus.



It worked out wonderfully and Marcus has library full of his family's voices reading him stories and singing him songs.  He knows who reads each of the books and he says "Mommy can Auntie Jess read the train book again"....  I love the idea that even though family can be far apart and busy but Marcus still knows their voices and loves to hear them read to him ( I also love the reading break when I just get to sit back and enjoy the story).

Auntie Jess reading the train book last Saturday morning.

Thank you to all the family that played along with this whim.  I hope Marcus keeps these forever--- I love the little notes and comments that people added to the book to make sure he knows he is loved!  These are pretty darn priceless to me.

**Follow Up**  
After I wrote this last night I remembered how the seeds for this gift actually got planted.  For Marcus's first Christmas my brother Joe actually gave him a recorded book of "The night before Christmas"- he still loves having uncle Joe read that today.  But it made me think it would be fun for Marcus to have a repository of every ones voices.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog