Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A fun goodbye

ActivStyle going away party!

Home Medical Supplies
After over 13 years in one place, it was bitter sweet good-bye to the people who I shared that time.  One of my awesome co-workers and friend, Linda V. hosted a good-bye celebration for me at her favorite restaurants- the Mission American Kitchen in downtown Minneapolis.  She was able to get a lot of the fabulous people I worked with to attend.  

I always consider this job to have provided the best education and the people who surrounded me were the teachers.  I felt so honored that they spent this evening with me (and some of them came considerable distance to do so (Brian and Rachel)).  I hope I am lucky enough to get a similar experience in my next work life.  

Back: Roxanne C, Me, Rachel B, Gregg A, Kris V, Melody C, Craig S, Jeff J, Aaron S
Middle: Linda V, Norma H, Jo P, Selena D, Brian B
Front: Blaire ZF, Patty B
I bet the average experience at AS is 6-8 years in this picture.





Linda V and Kris V-  Lot of years of working together here.

















What a great night.  I had a blast.  I felt so loved and blessed to have spent the time with these wonderful people.  Linda V. put on an awesome evening.  I know how lucky I am to have to found such a kindred spirit (in the words of Anne of Green Gables) and friend in her.




One of the AWESOME things she did was to order all vegetarian appetizers and they were so yummy.  I bet a lot of people would never have tried some of them if she had not ordered them for the group.  My favorite was the artichoke covered in phyllo dough with a hint of honey- AMAZING!  

They also had great Deviled Eggs and when I left I noticed they actually shared the recipe.  I can't want to make these in the future!




 Mission Deviled Eggs


12 eggs
1/3 cups mayonnaise
1/4T curry powder
1/4T Tabasco sauce
1/4T mustard
1/2T paprika

1. Slice eggs in half and remove yolks
2. Blend yolks with mayonnaise, curry, Tabasco, mustard and salt
3. Pike the yolk mixture back into the egg halves
4. Garnish with paprika












This really is the best of life- great people, great food, and great conversation.  I know this is not really good-bye but just farewell for now my dear friends.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog