Tuesday, March 1, 2016

We all went a caucusing




Luke and I really enjoy politics and watching and learning what his happening.  We are also big believers in participating in the system and letting our votes count.  We both come from families that vote and caucus as well.


This is one of those core values that I hope we successfully pass on to Marcus.  When he was only 4 month old we took him to vote with us for the first time-  For Obama!  You can't tell the photo but he was really excited.  We have taken him with us every year since.  Some times he has actually gone to vote twice-  once with Mommy and again with Daddy.....

Tonight was another big first in his life.  We all went to the Super Tuesday Caucus for the 2016 Presidential election-  You can see above but yes we all went to the democratic caucus!  Even Marcus' puppy came along this year.

On the drive to the Caucus I was amazed that there was actually a traffic back up from all of the people who were headed to caucus.  Parking was also a giant mess but fortunately we play volleyball at the location and knew some secret places to part.
 
 
Over the last few days when Marcus and I have talked about caucusing I have tried to explain the process to him but this is pretty darn complicated.  We walked inside and he was pretty amazed with all of the people.





It didn't take us long to the find the way to our room.  And they handed out the ballots.
 
 
I am not going to tell you who I voted for other than to say I didn't write anyone in!  Marcus was really well behaved and took it all in.
 


 


 
 
 Marcus had brought along some bowls to play with and was having a pretty good time.  Luke and I actually planned on staying to listen to the meeting portion of it.  The last time we caucused the line was so long that we missed the entire meeting.

 


Well that idea didn't last long.  Marcus quickly ran out of patience and decided it was time to go home. 
 
Overall I think this was a success for Marcus' first caucus.

1 comment:

  1. You went to the Caucus, good for you, it is important to take part in our system of government. Your mother and I went to the GOP caucus. It was nice to see so many new faces and so many younger people there. I'm sure you experienced the same.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog