Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sesame Street Live

1420655656 sesame street tickets

Marcus and I went on a Mommy and Marcus date today.   It started about a week-ago.  I got an email from Goldstar.com - this is a discount ticket vendor - with seats for Sesame Street live at 50% off.  I thought about it for awhile and even put a post on facebook getting peoples opinion whether Marcus was old enough to enjoy the experience-  the overwhelming feedback was yes he was old enough to like it!

So today was the big day and we we went to the show.  I have to admit that I was still nervous about Marcus and his reaction to the show-  I mean we don't even let him watch TV (basically ever) so this was going to be one craze experience for me.  We headed downtown and found our way to the show at the State Theater.

He was pretty excited when he saw all of the lights on the marquee at the theater.  He loudly said "Christmas Lights"-  that is high praise from Marcus!

We walked inside and presented our 50% off tickets and we were very excited to say it worked.  Heck and the seats were not half bad-  I will probably actually use GoldStar.com again because it worked out so well the first time.

I do want to note something kind of funny about the theater.  The concession stands appeared to have all of the normal stuff-  including a big sign for the "drink of the day"--- I can't think that this lack of accommodation was much good for the venue.  Yes I would like to have a cranberry vodka while I attend this show with my toddler..... whatever!

Anyway we walked in the theater- and wow did they ever have a huge merchandise table-  I am willing to bet that they are doing a LOT of sales to parents just like me.
The Stage- "Let's Dance"


We sat down and looked at the stage.... we still have about 10 minutes to go.  When we got inside their were still a ton of open seats- I guess I know who we got discount tickets.  I noticed the kids around us where all holding Elmo lights (there were two different types).  Marcus looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes and we went and bought one and it was worth it.  The smiles he gave me were so huge!

Just a few moments later and the show started....

Marcus and his Elmos.
His face was amazed..... He did not move for the entire first half of the show- his eyes were glued to the stage. He didn't make any sounds- just stared full of awe at the stage.





By the second half of the show he really seemed to get the hang of it.  Cookie Monster came dancing up the isle and Marcus was was so excited.  We walked down towards Cookie Monster and when were just steps away Cookie Monster patted him on the head and he got scarred and ran back to Mommy. 

A few moments later Grover came up the isle and this time Marcus was all over and he wanted a hug..... Unfortunately the line was too long so Marcus didn't get his hug.  On the positive he gave Mommy one instead!

A Sesame Street selfie of Macus and me.  

This was a great time and I am so glad that I took others advise and took him to the show.  I can't wait for our next Sesame Street Live or similar show.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog