Monday, January 12, 2015

Marcus and his favorite foods...

           

Marcus and Food


 So we went to the Shamrock tonight-  this is a awesome family restaurant in St. Paul and on Sundays- Kids eat free.    So it make me think about the funny things that Marcus loves....

1.  Bagels-  This is currently his FAVORITE food.  When he wakes up in the morning it is the first thing he normally asks for.... "bagels with cream cheese".  Marcus has also been known to say "Mom go Target and buy bagels"...... He says this even when we have a lot of them at home.  He just never wants to run out!
Market Pantry Plain Bagels 6 CountMarket Pantry Cinnamon Raisin Bagels 6 CountMarket Pantry Everything Bagels 6 Count


2. Coleslaw-  I know this is seriously weird.  Last winter we went to the 5-8 club in south Minneapolis and Marcus was introduced to coleslaw for the first time-  It blew him away and he ate it all.  We have since bought him different brands but he always seems to love it.  One fun memory is a having a picnic on the side of the road at the Ding Darling Refuge in Florida where Marcus chowed down on his Coleslaw!


3.  Tofu-  Another odd one I know.  Our favorite Chinese restaurant Shuang Cheng is in Dinkytown.  We have been going there forever and I always get one of the many tofu dishes that they serve-  My favorites are either the Sesame Tofu or the Tofu with Garlic Sauce.    Whenever we bring food home we always see if we can get Marcus to try the food.  Sometimes Marcus is willing try it but not always - every time I get tofu Marcus eats it.  He has now taken to eating to more than his share of MY tofu.  So the new game plan is that I now order enough to share.
 
One funny side note on this is that Marcus also LOVES the chopsticks.  He actually keeps trying to use them (probably because Luke and I normally eat our Chinese food with chopsticks) and it is down right funny.  He has two different techniques first he tries to pick it up like we do- this requires two hands because uses the other hand to actually bring the food to his mouth.  His second technique is the stab- where he impales the piece of tofu with his chopstick-  sometimes he uses the right end and sometimes not.... it usually creates a giant mess but it is amusing to watch.  This week-end we had lunch and Marcus took home a pair of chopsticks.... Check out this picture of him napping while still holding on to his chopsticks.....
                                                    
4.  Sweet Potato Fries- I ordered sweet potato fries tonight because they are so good at Shamrock and much to my surprise Marcus ate over half of them (Luke was there to see this too)... Looks like another food to add to the list of things I need to order more of to share with him.

5. Noodles and Company Pesto Cavatappi-  I think that most toddlers prefer the Mac and Cheese but Marcus loves the Pesto Cavatappi- although to be honest he is happy if I leave out the mushroom and the tomatoes (he won't eat either).  He has loved this since he was pretty young.  He never even has a real interest in eating whatever Luke and I get- just focuses on his favorite pasta dish.

6. Fruit-  Marcus Loves Fruit and always has since he was really little.  We have not found very many things that he will not eat but his current favorite is pineapples, blueberries, apples, strawberries, craisens (they count right?), mandarin oranges and raspberries.  For awhile there he would eat a banana for breakfast every morning but not he seems to be off of that, which is unfortunate because it made the mornings a bit easier.  He strangely doesn't seem to like pears even though he thinks they are actually apples.




7.  Other Normal Toddler things- He likes a lot of things that most toddlers are happy to eat like Cheese, Macaroni and Cheese, bread with honey (honey toast), Panda Puffs (a peanut butter cereal), chips (although he doesn't get them very often), fruit snacks (or as he calls them "car treats"), and cookies (he calls them "hookies" and gets them pretty rarely).

Sometimes I worry when I can't get him to eat with us or anything not listed on this page that I am doing something wrong but I have been assured by others that I am not alone in this plight and that he will eat if he truly is hungry!

I know this may seem like a silly blog topic but this is the small, little things that I find so irresistible about Marcus and that I am so worried I will forgot.  I hope in 50 years I still look at chopsticks and smile because it reminds me of Marcus and how darn awesome he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog