Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Good Bye 2014- Welcome 2015




I am not much one for resolutions at the beginning of each year- Mainly because they are normally destined to fail.  I am however a planner and I love to plan and scheme and attempt to figure things out.  I LOVE goals (although I am not always that good at actually completing them) and today I am going to make some in front of the entire blogesphere (that creates commitment and accountability). So as I hello to 2015 here are some goals I want to accomplish (I am intentionally not numbering them because it isn't about rank- it's about completion).


  • Take a daily vitamin-  I know this should be an easy goal but I do good for a few weeks and than fall off the wagon. It should be an easy win but I will admit is is not the first time it has made my list.  BTW this goal is to just take a daily vitamin and not to add more than one.  I think that is where the failure has occurred in the past.

  • Run/Walk 12 5K's with my Dad.  This is also a roll over goal from last year.  I think the final count we did together was only about 6 so we need to do a better job this year to hit our goal.  I think we did learn last year that we just need to hit 12- not necessary one each month because that makes it harder for scheduling conflicts.  We also made the rule that we didn't have to do them together but it was still preferred.
              • A sub-goal of this one is to blog each one we complete as well so we have a record of it.  This is important because let's be honest I am struggling to remember which ones we did last year.  

  • On that subject my blogging goal for this year is to make sure I blog at least one time per week- meaning that the end of the year I will had at least an additional 52 blogs.  It doesn't have to be mild blowing stuff (I may not even be capable of that) but it keeps me in good practice for writing and I enjoy the outlet.  One last thing-  this is probably the closest I am going to ever get to scrap booking for Marcus so it is important to remember these things.
  • Do something for others/ volunteer.  I realize that I have become a bit of a bump on a log when it comes to serving others.  I value this and I need to show that I do by becoming involved in something.  Not sure what or when but this is a goal that I would like to make this year.
  • Continue to work on turning off-  After my previous job and the schedule it entailed this has been a difficult transition.  I know I am a better mom and wife when I can successfully focus and decompress.  I just need to keep pushing this one forward.
    • This also means physically exerting myself more often.  Whether it is yoga or running this does help me focus.

Well that is five (plus a couple of sub-goals)-  Now I just need to make them happy.  I think that this is a good set and very well rounded.  What are you goals for 2015? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog