Saturday, April 9, 2016

A good day of Mommying


Today started early.  Marcus was up and at it at about 5 am, which means, I was up too.  I was tired.  I begged him to climb in bed to snuggle with me but although he wanted to climb into Mommy and Daddy's bed- all he wanted to do was PLAY!!!  So we got up!

I was pretty low energy for the first few hours of the day.  Marcus and I sat by his play kitchen and I just pretty much hung out with him.  By the time 9:00 am rolled around I was ready for a nap.  Around that time we moved our play into his bedroom and I started to pick a few things up.... within a few minutes Marcus was helping and the day got a whole lot better.

I know it sounds odd to say but Marcus and I ended up having an awesome day together and the fun began when started working together on cleaning him room.  A little bit of teamwork created a new attitude for Mommy and lots of smiles for Marcus.

We spent over an hour cleaning his room.  The highlight was finding some toys that were missing.  The low point was realizing what a mess it truly was, we filled up most of a garbage bag and I think I vacuumed it for at least 10 minutes.  But we had fun.  At one point Marcus said, "Mommy I need a break" (he was in the middle of putting all of his Lincoln logs away) so I gave him a few moments to play before we started again.  It took a while but when we were done Marcus was so proud and happy!


 Another fun part of the day was lunch.  I made Marcus the red tower a few years ago.  It is one of the items that I built that gets used all of the time. We have made a few small modifications to it, first we added the steering wheel (bought at a garage sale) which is just zip tied on.  Marcus put his red chair on top of it.  He loves to pretend that he is flying a plane (just like Snoopy and his Sopworth Camel).  Today he decided to eat lunch in it!

 
After lunch, since his bedroom floor was so clean, we did puzzles.  He is really getting good at figuring them out!



 





 
It turns out that I wasn't the only one was popped out.  Marcus took a long nap today!
 And when he woke up he was rearing to go again.  We spent the afternoon playing in his kitchen, where he cooked up lots of pretend food, and his bedroom where we played with lots of John Deere Tractors. 
 

Overall the day was a success.  We ended it by reading the world longest train book (at least that is what I think it sould be named) that G & G Zachman gave to Marcus last year.  He loves that book and I admit that I occasionally misplace it (it really is a long read) but he found it while cleaning today so it is now back in the line up.
 
This was a really fun day, with a  really difficult start but I want to call this day a success.  Despite the fact that we didn't really go and do anything, we had a ton of fun together.  We worked together as a team and got things done-  which I normally really struggle to be productive with Marcus.  I can't say right now if it was just a fluke or if maybe since he is getting bigger it is all a little easier.  I managed to be a good mommy all day long (I could have been a bit better about IPhone usage) and I think that counts a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog