Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Luxuries of Motherhood

In pre-motherhood days I had a pretty good idea of what I thought defined luxury and it consisted of items like spa days (at a good spa), sunny vacations, and nice things.  Motherhood has redefined this significantly and that has changed the way I think.  This doesn't mean I wouldn't still like all of the items in my previous definition however they are closer to dreams than luxuries these day.

My Mommy definition of luxury:
A little bit of luxury!
  • Running errands alone- and having the time to get everything done.
  • Taking a long shower and actually having the time to shave my legs
  • Sleeping past 7 am
  • Going on a date with my husband
  • Seeing a movie in a theater
  • Eating an entire meal with both hands and enjoying all of the food
  • Cleaning my house at a comfortable pace
  • Enjoying a cup of tea and not being super worried about spilling it
  • Having brunch with friends who help me feel both normal and loved
Brunch with Luther Girls

The thing that makes these things truly special and allows them to happen is knowing that my child is being cherished, loved, and being taken care of by people who truly enjoy him.  Without that underlying assurance these luxuries would not hold the same joy.

This weekend I was lucky enough to have many of these experiences while Marcus hung out with my parents and did a sleepover.  He had a blast and i think my parents did as well.  They did a LOT in the past 24 hours including visiting a park, checking out a John Deere dealership (Marcus loves to climb on the tractors), hanging out with some of his cousins while going to an Easter Egg Hunt, and of course lots of playing, hugs, and love.  Marcus is a very lucky and blessed boy to have so much love and joy in his life.

A few pictures from his time with Grandma and Grandpa this week-end.





The adults also did a bit of playing.  We met to pickup Marcus as a Winery today and had blast hanging out.  Marcus liked it too but didn't get any wine!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog