Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A few of my favorite things...... about being Marcus's Mommy


The other day I put up a post where I focused on some of the things I miss now that I am a Mom.  The point of this post post it is to talk about my favorite things about being Marcus's Mommy.

Marcus on  Clifford on a
post daycare trip to the park.
1.  Daycare pick up.  Morning drop off can be really tough- to start with, it is morning and he would rather be sleeping and add on the fact that he would normally rather spend the day hanging out with me.  But pick up is a very special time of the day.  When I walk in the door at daycare and he sees me he is so excited and runs, arms open, ready for a hug.  The possibilities are endless for that nights activity and for 30 seconds everything is perfect. I love hearing about the adventures he had that day and it just makes me happy.
2.  When he experiences new things.  The first time Marcus experiences something new and I get to see him so excited or at times overwhelmed by it.  This week-end was a perfect example.  We did an Easter egg hunt in the back yard, last year we did one too and he liked it but he didn't quite get what was going on this year..... oh yeah.... he got it and loved it.

3.  The hugs and kisses.  He is so genuine and true in his love and I feel so blessed that he loves me so much.  He hugs with such abandon.  Adults rarely do that.  I am sad that this will change, I have realized that I don't hug like I used to but Marcus has been a good influence and now I try to make sure my hugs are genuine and intentional.  It is amazing how that comes to him so natural.
4. The way he says Mommy and Daddy.  It is so cute.  Some times when I go in his room at night and he is still awake he just looks and me and says "Mom" in the absolutely most heart melting way.  It feels like he is really saying "Mom I miss you and I am so happy you are here".... He conveys that all in one word.
5. The extremes.  I admit in other contexts this is not always my favorite thing but it is pretty awesome how quickly  Marcus can go from the depths of despairs to full of just with just a hug or calming word at times  I know that in the future it will not be as easy to fix the things that make him sad.
6. The cuddles. I love the cuddles.  Marcus and I spend a lot of time cuddling. tickling, wrestling, and just in general roughhousing.  I read or heard once (and I can't remember where and I couldn't find it tonight) that was really good for boys to rough-house especially with their moms because it helps to teach boundaries and how to hold back and act appropriate.  Regardless, of this I love tickling him until he is rolling on the floor laughing, and everything else.  Somehow almost all of these activities end with a hug and I have not complaints about that.
7. Watching him sleep and dream.  If you follow my blog at all, you already know that I obsess about Marcus and how sweet it is watching him sleep and dream and cuddle with his stuffed animals.  It is even kind of cute when I wake him up in the morning and he say "No Mommy, sleep".  I could watch him sleep forever.  I sneak into his room most nights to take a peek.
Marcus and Grandpa
giggling away!
8. Listening to him talk, Marcus talks a lot and some of it we don't understand but it so cute listening to him as he communicates. I can actually hear him in his bedroom right now explaining something one of his stuffed animals.  I love his little voice and that the fact that he just talks and talks and gets so excited about things.
9.  The giggles-  Marcus loves to laugh and giggle and he is super ticklish.  Sometimes I don't even have to touch him to get his giggles started.  At daycare he has a reputation of being the most ticklish kid and they think it is cute too.  It is impossible not to smile when he is giggling and laughing away. I love that he is not self conscious about how loud he laughs or how silly he sounds.  It is pure joy!
10.  The future-  I love all of the potential that is in Marcus's future.  Every day he grows and learns and amazes me.  He future has no limits and I hope I can keep that for
him.  He is all potential and it makes me so happy.

I know how blessed we are to have Marcus and I only hope that he knows how much we love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog