Thursday, September 11, 2014

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge


The ALS Ic and Bucket Challenge

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has taken the Internet by storm—the organization has historically raised around $25M–$30M annually, and with this challenge, it has hit over $110M in August alone in 2014.  I admit that I sit on a precipice of amazement at the generosity and fatigue over the entire thing.  I think at the end it is good – and I would love to see what we could do as a world if all bought a few less things and instead spent that $5.00–$10.00 in a fight to find a cure for something... because the world has a lot of illnesses, diseases, and problems, and we are not the only cause but also the solution.

Here are a few pics of my challenge and my video proof.  And, yes, I did donate too.

Marcus was a very big helper – he really liked the ice water.





I used a big bucket and lots of ice.





Luke was kind enough to record the event for me...

 

This really is not just a gimmick – it is, in reality, especially important for those who lose friends and family to this horrible disease.  I hope that people keep donating, and that we find not only a cure but the cause so we can prevent future pain and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog