Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Nothing Like a good parade- 4th of July weekend

And here you thought I was done with 4th of July weekend posts.  Nope- we did a ton of stuff that weekend.
 
Anyway, one of my favorite things is small town parades. We have attended a few of the big town parade's (i.e. Grand Old Day) and I have to tell you I am always disappointed.  They are too busy, things are too elaborate and they are never as well organized as they should be.  Somehow however, smaller towns seem to be able to pull it off! 
 
We actually hit two parades over the 4th of July weekend up by Luke's parents house- one in Bowlus (yes I had never heard of this town before either) and Hillman.  They are both super small towns- and therefore they were plenty of fun and there wasn't a ton of competition for the candy.
 
One thing-  Marcus was super tired all weekend from playing too hard.... it is easy to see in his face, it looks like he is ready to fall asleep while watching the parade.
 

Bowlus Parade

Sleepy boy watching the parade












My favorite part!  The oxen at the end!

The Hillman Parade







Marcus loved this tractor!
 
At the end of the day I liked the Bowlus parade a little bit better- mainly because I liked the oxen so much but they are both really great!


1 comment:

  1. Parade are fun especially when they are not too stretched out. I wish the parade participants when I was little were as generous with the candy as they are today. Miss those sugar highs.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog