Monday, May 16, 2016

A lovely Mothers Day

Last Sunday was Mother's day.  I will admit that I a big fan of any day where I get celebrated and now that I have a little one, I get to celebrate too.

I should also acknowledge that I know this is actually a hard holiday for many people including women who have struggled to have a family or even worse those who have lost a child (I can't imagine the amount of sadness that would create).  It can also be difficult for people who lost their mothers and miss them on this day.  I feel like when we celebrate I try to be respectful of people in pain but I still think it is important to celebrate.

Also I have to say that I know mothers day isn't just about me.  It is about my mom, Luke's mom, Luke's grandma and all of the other women out there who helped raise us and are helping raise Marcus.  I think a better description of the day would be "mothering day" where we celebrate the behavior of caring, loving and mothering.

Finally, I want to say that I had awesome mothers day.  My boys (Luke and Marcus) let me sleep in a bit and brought me breakfast in bed!


Marcus was so cute and insisted in hand feeding me strawberries.  It was a bit messy but so darn cute.  Luke made an awesome breakfast of waffles with strawberries and whipped topping and LOTS of sides.  I was stuffed!

When we finished breakfast, Marcus and I went to church and when we got home I got my next adventure of the day.  I went on a long bike ride (16 miles) and Luke and Marcus met me at the other end with a picnic.



I was totally not on the ball for photos at the park (this is the only one) so you are going to have to take my word that it was a lot of fun.
Vonnie in a beaver's den

Overall the day was amazing.  I felt so loved and treasured by my guys. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Your Mother and I talked about the time your brother and you made a sandwich for her and brought it to her in bed. . I think it was for Mother's Day. It was a whole onion and radishes with stem attached between white bread. Neither of you were were yet permitted to use a knife. I think your mother pretended to eat it and said how delicious it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above event has been a very special memory for us.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog