Sunday, August 2, 2015

Big Changes


We had a big change in our home this week.... I will tell you about it in a moment after a bit of background.

At the beginning of the July, Marcus had his 3 year check out.  I have to admit, I always find them a bit nerve racking, as I wait to hear that he is healthy and normal and on track (which he is).  We love his doctor and this was a good check-up because there were no shots involved.  They did all of Marcus's measurements and he continues to be tall-  over the 90th percentile and one big change is that he is now in the 70th percentile in weight (he has always been closer to 40).  Anyway-  he measured at 39.75".  This is actually a bigger deal that most realize because Marcus was still sitting backward in his car seat.

We made the decision a long time ago to have Marcus continue to sit backwards until he no longer could, based on the height and weight limit of his car seat.  The research is overwhelming on how much safer it is.  We have been lucky enough to never have an accident with him in the car but I wasn't about to take any chances.  Here are a few links that talk about it:


We talked about the change for a few weeks before actually doing it.  Marcus is a pretty cautious kid and it is always best to warn him before big changes like this happen.  One the first day he sad "Mommy I don't like this".  We are a few days in and now he is getting the hang of facing forward.  He loves to look and Mommy and Daddy when they drive and he LOVES seeing what is coming up.  But I have to admit I am bit sad-  it is just one more sign my little boy is getting bigger.  He tells me all of the time "I am a big boy Mommy".  I don't regret how long we left his backwards-  I would leave him there even longer is his car seat allowed it!  Safety first!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog