Saturday, March 7, 2015

More Balloons

Still Obsessed a month later


Last month my dad and I went with Marcus and watched the Hot Air Balloons in Wisconsin and he has been obsessed with them since.  Last week we went and got a few helium balloons from the dollar store and totally got our value out of the the balloons.  He has been in playing with them all week.

He also has a great imagination and keeps pretending his blankets are a hot air balloon- last night he told me to make one.  I put my thinking cap on thought of how I could make a hot air balloon.  I picked up some wire lawn fence last week to make a different project and thought that might work for my needs.  

I grabbed the fencing and created a balloon like structure and let Marcus pick some material from the quilting materials.  He picked stars.  Once the balloon was completed I figured I needed to add a basket at the bottom.  Once again I used the lawn fence wire and that turned out pretty good.  To give it the look of a basics we grabbed some green ribbon and wrapped it around.  Marcus LOVED it and wanted to me to make more.....



Ever since it was done he has dragged in around the house with him and even brought it to Grandma and Grandpas for his overnight.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog